Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Family Silhouettes



I was feeling thrifty and crafty the other day, so I put together this project using things I had around the house:



I started by taking profile shots of the hubs and myself using PhotoBooth on my Mac.


Then I resized them to the size I wanted and printed them out. I cut out the two images and traced them onto the paper I wanted to display. I took creative liberty with my hair and gave myself a hairstyle that was cuter than what it was actually like in real life.

Once they were cut out, I secured them onto a piece of painted cardboard, cut out some vinyl for the bottom, and stuck in a frame. I opted to tape the silhouettes so that we could rearrange the whole thing in the future as our family grows.




4 comments:

  1. Saw this while linking up on Sweet Little Gals....Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love how easy it was to do this. Thanks for a great tutorial. I am a new follower visiting from House of Hepworths. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love silhouettes! I haven't seen this idea using your wedding date. Great idea! Love it!

    I'm your newest follower! Stop on by sometime! I also have a weekly linky party called Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays. It's for projects made for $10 or less. I would love for you to link up sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty lovely idea. xx

    ReplyDelete